In mid-July this year, the state government of Nayarit announced that since September 2021, when the new administration began, it began with the investigation called “Mega Operativo Nuevo Nayarit” whose purpose is to recover state property that was illegally seized in Bahía de Banderas and Compostela.
In the first stage, 70 properties were detected, the value of which amounts to more than 21 billion pesos; however, after continuing the work, on July 27 it was reported that they had found around 30 more properties worth over 8 billion pesos. Currently, it is estimated that there are approximately 100 lands and the damage caused to the entity reaches a total of 30 billion pesos.
The Executive Office Legal Coordinator, Gabriel Camarena, confirmed that this amount is even higher than what Nayarit receives from the annual budget, so it is essential to recover them as they would go directly to the new New Nayarit Trust Fund (FINN ), which will replace the Banderas Bay Trust (FIBBA).
On August 18, Gabriel Camarena reported having been notified of the first amparo filed by Héctor Cárdenas Curiel for the property located in Playa Punta Raza, Compostela, which has an area of approximately 325 hectares.
This property is the first that came to them; however, there are 7 other people who approached to negotiate.
Until August 28, in Playa Punta Raza, Compostela, 3.4 million m2 have been secured, an area valued at 6.5 billion dollars, while in Badeba, 261,000 m2 with an approximate value of 522 million dollars, it being understood that the m2 is quoted in the region at 2,000 dollars.
One of the reclaimed areas has been announced to be used to build a headquarters for the Secretariat for Security and Citizen Protection (SSPC), so work will begin shortly for this purpose.
In another of the lands, a tourist complex will be established whose investment will be 1.6 billion dollars and the commitment is that the supplies will have to be purchased in the state and they will have to be registered in Nayarit.
The crimes allegedly committed are criminal association, exploitation with resources of illicit origin, fraudulent administration, fraud, crimes committed by officials and tax evasion, in which businessmen, associations civil servants, public notaries and members of the committee of the Bahia Trust.
Governor Miguel Ángel Navarro Quintero has endorsed his commitment to eradicate corruption in the state, after carrying out the investigation that lasted more than 8 months and which, he claimed, aims to recover the assets of the inhabitants of Nayarit and those who acted in bad faith will face justice.
Subscribe here to receive our newsletters, Whatsapp emergency alerts, access exclusive content on PVDN and enjoy this site with fewer ads for only 25 USD per year! (.06 cents per day)
Trending stories right now on PVDN
- Fugitive from the United States arrested by Jalisco police in Tonalá A foreign woman identified as Macalla Lee Knott, accused of crimes committed in the United States, was arrested in Tonalá by the Jalisco State Police. According to data from the Minnesota Department of Corrections, the 29-year-old woman had been on the run since June 3, 2020. She is charged with federal crimes for drug trafficking and allegedly…
- Tropical Storm Kay is already causing damage in Puerto Vallarta The rains caused by Tropical Storm Kay have already caused damage in Puerto Vallarta, including one injured person, dragged cars and flooding, which was attended by civil protection and municipal firefighters. Puerto Vallarta Civil Protection reported that one person was slightly injured when a fence fell into a…
- Alert States and Track of Tropical Storm Kay: Will Become a Category 2 Hurricane According to the National Meteorological System ( SMN ) weather report, as of 4:00 a.m., Tropical Storm Kay was located 380 km from Manzanillo, Colima, and 350 km southwest of Punta San Telmo, Michoacán, moving towards the west-northwest at 24 km/h with gusts up to 110 km/h. The agency initially announced…
- Storm ‘Javier’ is weakening and Tropical Storm Kay has developed off the coast, expect to impact Puerto Vallarta weather over the next 72 hours Tropical Storm Javier has been downgraded to a post-tropical cyclone and is expected to continue to weaken, the National Weather System ( NMS ) reported. The storm is located about 340 kilometers (km) west of Punta Eugenia, Baja California Sur, although rains will continue across much of Mexico. Additionally, the SMN has detected that…
- The development of a new tropical storm could put Puerto Vallarta under warning by Tuesday During the 5-day forecast period, the low pressure system in the Pacific is expected to develop into a tropical storm within the next 48 hours and will move parallel to the coasts of Guerrero, Michoacán, Colima and Jalisco, when a warning may need to be issued. issued for Puerto Vallarta if the trajectory and current rate of reinforcement…