St. Peter’s Catholic High School in Barrie is now in outbreak with six active cases and nine classroom closures; Nottawa Elementary reports a case today
Seven new cases of COVID-19 were reported in Simcoe County schools today.
A total of 53 active cases of COVID-19 were reported by local school boards in Simcoe County schools as of 4 p.m. on November 9.
Guthrie Public School in Oro-Medonte Township, Huronia Centennial Elementary School in Elmvale and Nottawa Elementary School in Nottawa each report one new case and one class closure today.
Four new cases of COVID-19 are reported today at St. Peter’s Catholic High School in Barrie, with six new classrooms closed. This is in addition to two cases and three classroom closures previously reported to the school. An epidemic was declared at the school by the health unit on November 8.
The Simcoe County District School Board has 13 active confirmed cases in nine listed schools. They are:
- Algonquin Ridge Elementary School, Barrie, one case, one closed class.
- Ferndale Woods Elementary School, Barrie, one case, one closed class.
- Guthrie public school in the canton of Oro-Medonte, closure of a case and a class
- Huronia Centennial Elementary School in Elmvale reports case and class closure.
- Honorable Earl Rowe Public School, Bradford, a case.
- Nottawa Elementary School in Nottawa, a case and class closure
- Shanty Bay Public School, one case, one closed class.
- Tecumseth South Central Public School in Tottenham, a case and a class closure
- Trillium Woods Elementary School in Barrie, one case, one class closure.
- Bear Creek Secondary School, Barrie, two cases
- Innisdale High School, Barrie, one case
- Eastview High School in Barrie, a case
Willow Landing Elementary School and Assikinack Public School, both in Barrie, are still in an active outbreak according to the health unit. The school board reports that all active cases in both schools are now resolved.
According to the Simcoe Muskoka Catholic District School Board, there are currently 33 active cases across 10 schools:
- Holy Cross Catholic School, Innisfil, eight cases, three closed classrooms. This school has been in an epidemic since October 22.
- Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic School in Barrie has a case and a class closure.
- Sister Catherine Donnelly Catholic School in Barrie reports case and class closure.
- St. Angela Merici Catholic School, Bradford, two cases, two closed classrooms.
- St. Bernadette Catholic School, Barrie, one case, two closed classrooms.
- St. Catherine of Siena Catholic School in Barrie, nine cases and four classroom closures. This school has been in an epidemic since November 1.
- St. Mary’s Catholic School, Collingwood, one case, one closed class
- St. Monica Catholic School in Barrie, a new case and a class closure
- St. Joseph Catholic High School, Barrie, two cases, three classrooms closed
- St. Peter’s Catholic High School, Barrie, six cases, nine closed classrooms. Outbreak declared on November 8
The MonAvenir Catholic School Board reported that three students and a staff member who attend the EÉC Samuel-de-Champlain in Orillia tested positive for COVID-19 between November 2 and 8. Two classrooms were closed and the health unit declared an active epidemic at the school.
La Source Elementary School in Barrie, part of the Viamonde School Board, reported an active case on October 29.
A private Simcoe County school, which has not been identified by the health unit, is also reporting an outbreak. There are two cases associated with this epidemic.